Okay Time to Tell and we know better than most
1) Never be over confident : Uphold some modesty and keep in mind that it doesnt matter how good things look for you now, there is much more work to continue.
2) Don’t keep all your targeted terms in one basket : Barack Obama knew that to win an election meant campaigning in a multi-tiered fashion. You can’t target just one region. You must keep hold on every segment of your market in terms that they can understand.
3) Begin early : It was 2 years before Barack Obama became President that he started campaigning for it. For Online, age is a factor. Start up early and hold a top position.
4) Newcomers can beat old veterans : First it was Hillary Clinton then it was John McCain. Just because the other guys have more experience doesn’t mean that the guy with new ideas can’t come out on top.
5) Don’t spend all your time in areas you know you’re going to win : You must target the swing states – that is, there are segments of the marketplace that can go your way or move closer to your competition. Focus on those segments and make a strong case for yourself.
6) Build up a team that covers up for your weaknesses : Obama selected Biden which made a big difference. All Obama where lacked, was in experience which was make up by his running mate. Build up your team in a similar manner and lead ahead.
7) Be positive : It doesnt matter what the enemy throws at you, stay positive and be focused. Always have a ray of hope.
8) Change : Make sure that if you offer change that it is change we need.
Remember, SEO is not a zero sum game. Barack Obama and Online team have lessons to teach us all – about Search Engine Optimization and about life.