Browsing "internet marketing"
Maybe it’s a symptom of Christmas shopping fever, but the struggle between Google, Yahoo and Microsoft for Internet Advertising dollars seems to be hitting a new high.
Google, the top dog in the online advertising kennel, taking part of the growing trend for online shopping by offering a number of deals tied up with its Checkout purchasing system.
For each $1 spent by American consumers, it is offering two frequent flyer miles on seven major airlines, and is also offering discounts of between $5 and $50 at many different merchants, the New York Times reports.
eBay, whose PayPal system is Checkout’s chief rival, also has top deals with brands like Toys ‘R’ Us and Hewlett Packard.
Google’s deals are sure to drive sales and bring its share price closer to the $900 predicted by Credit Suisse.
Meanwhile Yahoo is looking to capitalise on internet retail, although its hosted shopping services suffered outages on Monday (November 26th), traditionally one of the busiest shopping days of the year.
The problems were down to heavy holiday traffic, with perhaps even the leading internet companies underestimating how many consumers would flock to the web to make their Christmas purchases.
This is symbolic of the massive audience for internet advertisers.
Meanwhile, commentators are predicting that Microsoft may buy Yahoo, or that Yahoo may buy AOL, in order to compete more effectively with the behemoth that is Google.
“Google has locked up the number one spot in the sector, and the market won’t support more than three competitors,” said Henry Blodget writing in the Silicon Alley Insider.
Search marketing can improve your website’s position on Google and the other search engines.
As anyone who has a product they can sell through a website will know, Marketing plays a vital part in reaching out to an audience. It’s all very well having the best product in the world, but if no-one knows about it, it’s not going to sell. Marketing, including Internet Marketing, is the best way to address this problem.
Marketers need to identify the needs and desires of consumers, and then to raise awareness of a product that will be useful or desirable for them. Essentially, marketing is a means of recruiting new customers and retaining existing ones – and in today’s fast-changing retail world, it is quite simply critical.
The internet provides a ready-made audience of millions, but marketers need to take the correct steps in order to put their product before them. Website owners have an advantage in that online audiences are growing, while newspapers, radio and (to a lesser degree) TV are in decline.
This is illustrated by the fact that Google recently overtook ITV1 in terms of advertising revenues. Figures from the search engine showed that it made £327 million in advertising for the July to September period, as opposed to the £317 million made by the TV channel.
Another key benefit is that smaller businesses can effectively compete with larger companies using internet marketing, because they don’t need a huge budget for an expensive print media or billboard campaign.
But how do small businesses and other webmasters take advantage?
Search engine marketing
One tried-and-tested method is search engine marketing. This can include search engine optimization (SEO), whereby websites are boosted in Google, Yahoo, etc by containing more relevant keywords and fresh, ever-changing content, as well as through Link Building.
As the BBC notes, “one of the most important factors in deciding how relevant particular sites are is to count how many other sites link to it”, and responsible link building increases a site’s credibility.
Paid search is also popular, with companies bidding on certain keywords and having their ads displayed at the side or the top of the main results pages of the search engines.
Finally, a fast-evolving method is viral marketing,
whereby social networks are used to spread awareness of a brand or product, in a self-replicating way similar to the spread of a virus.
The internet is particularly well-suited to this process because of the popularity of social networking sites such as Facebook, and because of the emerging trend for other collaborative projects and spaces.
A recent example was the Guinness viral campaign that trailed the launch of its latest television ad.
Google AdWords has received an upgrade to give its users a more “detailed breakdown” of how their keywords are performing.
Internet marketers using the ad-serving platform can now look deeper into the quality score figure for each keyword to find out if it can be improved, according to the official Inside AdWords blog.
“Specifically, you’ll learn how keyword quality and landing page quality are performing and receive recommendations for improvement,” said Inside AdWords ‘crew’ member Trevor on the blog.
The service upgrade also includes a prediction of how changes to settings or keywords can affect the visibility of ads.
According to the Google blog, advertisers will receive an alert if any of their keywords are under-performing and be offered advice on how to change this, as well as being able to view information such as their minimum bid for the keyword and an overall quality score rating.
Google AdWords deals with pay-per-click (PPC) adverts which are distributed to websites across the internet depending on the keywords selected by the internet marketer.
These advertising services are one method of link building, which can improve the performance of a website by attracting more users
Search engines optimization (SEO) should be measured as serious element of any Internet promotion. This is vital as there is so much which can be gained from SEO in terms of Internet promotion and if you do not optimize your website for Search engines,it can effect in a significant loss in terms of free promotion which is basically gained from place well with Search engines. This article will offer insight into what SEO is and will explain why Internet promotion requires at least some degree of SEO.
SEO optimization is a must in order for a website to be listed in Search engines. This may be achieved in a assortment of diverse ways and optimal SEO strategies combine a assortment of diverse strategies to complete one well orchestrated SEO crusade There are quite a few basics to believe when attempting to optimize your website for Search engines. This may take in keyword research are importance META tags, titles and inbound relatives Keyword research is one of the most widespread SEO strategies and basically involves using applicable keywords over and over again in the satisfied of a website to demonstrate the relevance of these keywords to the website. This is vital as Search engines optimizations are likely to reward websites with optimal keyword densities with constructive Search engines optimization will places in an effort to offer Internet users with the most applicable websites for meticulous search stipulations
The prominence of keywords should also be measured. This takes how close the keywords are positioned to the commencement of the website. The widespread fault with this policy is to believe the first opportunity to fit in keywords is in the first line of noticeable text on the webpage. This is not true as Search engines optimization crawl the code of a website as opposed to the noticeable satisfied on the website. This earnings there are multiple opportunities to fit in applicable keywords long before the definite noticeable satisfied on the website. This power takes in the code for the title as well as the META tags. trade owners who realize the potential for incorporating keyword into the code gain an advantage over competitors who only fit in keywords into the satisfied on their website.
Now that we have briefly explained some of the main concept of SEO, we will illustrate why it is vital to optimize your website in the first place. SEO is as vital as most Internet users highly value the effects of hunt locomotives and are likely to only visit to place websites when they hunt for a meticulous keyword. Internet users trust Search engines to serve the most applicable satisfied first and are therefore not likely to visit websites which do not fall on the first or second page of search effects. This earnings websites which rank well basically are receiving a great deal of free promotion from hunt locomotives that place their website in a key position. Website owners who do not invest time into optimizing their websites miss out on a great deal of potential web travel.
If you pay attention to online marketing, you are constantly inundated with people who sell the so-called “secrets” to brand new marketing techniques on the Internet.
Each and every day you are bombarded with new e-books, teleseminars and software alleging to hold the “secrets” of blog and ping,or the “secrets” of the death of Google Adsense or the “secrets” of content is king for Search Engines.
However, the truth of the matter in nearly all cases is that most of these products are expensive and endorsed solely by the gurus who get paid for every item they sell. Real testimonials are rare and the pressure you are under to purchase these products is enormous.
Let’s make a two-fold pact for 2007:
One – We will not be swept away by all the hype on the Internet.
Two – We will primarily use tried and tested, successful Internet marketing techniques that won’t cost us a fortune to use.
To help you off to the right start in launching your own cost-effective marketing strategy for 2007, I want to share some valuable ideas that I’ve used to grow my own business. These marketing concepts are genuinely affordable, truly simple to implement and have honestly helped me gain generous exposure, which has resulted in new clients and increased sales. My top fifteen favourite effective and inexpensive Internet marketing tactics are listed below:
1. Article submissions to online e-zines, directories and newsgroups, and off-line magazines and newspapers (don’t worry about the duplicate content issues … just get as many one-way links to your site as possible to boost your Search Engine ranking). Writing and submitting free reprint articles is a resourceful way to generate increased exposure and will drive traffic to your web site.
2. Create and market your own affiliate program using low cost tools on the Internet, which incidentally, there are numerous tools on the web that are
very affordable. Offer affiliates your articles for reprint and allow them to use their affiliate link in your by-line. But don’t stop there … submit your
program to affiliate program directories so that prospects can find it readily.
3. Write and submit press releases to both paid and free press release sites. Let your target audience know about your company, new products and services you’re offering and also about special company events or promotions. If you’re concerned that perhaps your writing talents are a bit rough yet,hire a ghost-writer to draft your release for you. And yes, there are many talented, professional writers who work on a freelance basis and accept both one-time and ongoing projects at an affordable rate.
4. Register with and actively participate in forums that target your ideal client or customer. Check in at least once a week and offer helpful advice to other forum participants seeking assistance and information in your area of expertise. Be sure to craft and use a compelling signature that will get added to your posts. With just a small investment of your time, you can establish yourself as an expert within your industry, which can result in generous exposure.
5. Offer legitimate comments and articles to blog owners who cover your topic area and target your audience. Create solid and productive relationships, offering to make blog postings for them in return for a by-line with a live link to your site. The fact that you’re willing to offer blog owners something of value upfront will make them eager to reciprocate.
6. List your teleseminars, e-zines, live events and books on Craigslist in cities and sections that have appeal for your target audience. Sign-in and repost your listings on a regular basis to keep them current.
7. Research opportunities to be a guest on teleseminars, pod casts and webinars. You’ll be pleasantly surprised at the number of opportunities available if you simply take the time to look for them. Keep a list of questions and potential topics ready for your pitch. Keep track of your guest appearances and promote them on your web site.
8. Actively participate in online social networks such as MySpace, Ryze and LinkedIn. Write compelling copy for your profile and be sure to have a good picture and logo to add where permitted. Including your photo allows people to feel a connection to you, simply because they can put a face to your name.
9. Join and participate in associations and non-profits that attract your perfect client. Find relevant associations by searching for your keyword + association in search engines and visit the American Society of Association Executives. Involvement in organizations such as this, as well as local civic organizations, offers valuable networking opportunities.
10. Place paid advertisements in e-zines that target your audience. If possible, purchase the advertisement when the publisher is running one of your articles in order to gain maximum exposure with this strategy. There are three types of common advertisements available in e-zines: classified,sponsor and solo. Chose the most inexpensive position with the greatest exposure.
12. Downloadable white papers are usually longer versions of articles and often include graphics and links to resources. As with your e-course require people who want the white paper to register for your e-zine. Encourage people to send the registration link to their colleagues, friends and family who share a similar interest.
13. Create your own blog, update at least every other day and include links to your web sites. Ping blog directories and Search Engines every time you make a post for verification that your blog is turning up results.
14. Sponsor contests and submit them to contest directories. Give away a book a month or an hour of your services and encourage people to register for your e-zine. If your business involves selling a product rather than a service, you can offer specific products for prizes with contest entry automatic when people signup for your e-zine. Be creative with your contests, but always make the winning prize something of value that is relevant to your business.
15. Testimonials and referrals can be obtained from the same people. Offer to include a picture with testimonials and a live link to your client’s web site. This strategy is a win-win marketing tactic for both you and your client.
No satisfied client would refuse such an opportunity! Instead of e-mailing referrals send a professionally written letter via postal mail with some of your most popular articles and invite recipients to call you for a free fifteen minute consultation.
There are dozens of free marketing techniques in the online and off-line world. These fifteen are not the only ones I use but they are my absolute favourites and have been used successfully by thousands of people, including Internet gurus. Don’t fall for every new marketing scheme; instead,spend your money selectively on marketing products.
If you are pressed for time hire a virtual assistant to handle the free and low cost marketing techniques listed here and carve out some time in your schedule every month to research and evaluate new techniques.
The internet has become so important that a third of online women now say their lives would be disrupted if they had to go for a week without web access.
A Burst Media survey seen by Marketing Charts found that 66.1 per cent of women would feel their lives were disrupted, with 43.6 per cent saying significantly so, if they went internet free for seven days.
Encouragingly for internet marketers, most online women (54.5 per cent) say that the internet is their main source of information for products they are thinking of buying.
The study also found that more than 80 per cent were online during most dayparts. Four out of five online women use the internet between 7:00am and midnight, with a significant number of women aged 65 or over saying they go online before 7:00am.
Mornings and afternoons are generally used for work, while evenings spent online are generally for personal use.
The figures clearly show the massive use of the internet among women, which is great news for internet marketers.
To construct a business marketing strategy takes time and a competent designer. Select a qualified web design firm who specialize in web architectural design principals, with combining important information delivery and intuitive navigation methods to satisfy your business web site visitor’s needs (why they visited) while accomplishing. Having a proper site architecture is vital to the online Internet marketing of a site that will attract and also satisfy visitors.
SEO is not only marketing and getting traffic but converting that traffic into sales.
There are some specific procedures by which a business is governed. Search Engine Optimization Management has the adequate expertise and the skill to go beyond these difficulties and problems and will be able to find out the causes of this great disaster of your business. Planning for a business can be divided into the various steps. Among them Internet Marketing Statistics, Strategies and Tactics, Budgets, Task forces and Program implementations hold the key to success. Strategies and the tactics are the key part of Internet marketing. There are dozen of strategies and over a hundred different online tactics to upgrade the business. All of them are not worth of use all the time.
A great strategy in addition to SEO is marketing using email. Email marketing mainly focuses on the use of email to draw the visitors to the websites that sell and demonstrate products and services.
With email marketing a business can develop a complete structured back end system to sell even more products the second time around.
Internet Marketing Strategies will add some advantages to the strategies with the help of the tactics, as tactics are the subordinate parts of strategies and it is need short term dedication. There is more than on way to implement tactics to Internet marketing but it is best if take one and become good at it. Do it consistently. This is the easiest ways to success.
Many marketing gurus understand what it takes for SEO Services. Find the busy ones and hire them.
A simple step most Internet Marketing Businesses should offer is the website submissions service. This is the primary goal and starting point to a solid link building campaign for the site.
Place more into a package is what Internet marketing companies should be offering. While a SEOcompany ranks a customers site, the benefit for both is really unique.
While the site ranks more a smart SEO company will be able to maximize all their customers sites by placing them in a network of sites.