SEO Friendly Coding
There are simply too many benefits to using CSS (cascading style sheets) to ignore. Is your page code long and difficult to read? Is it increasingly harder to find that line to tweak your pages layout or appearance? Cascading Style Sheets will help improve your websites efficiency, and it will be easier to read for search engines. To a search engine, a website that is coded in CSS says several things about your company: you embrace foward technology and that your content is modern, up-to-date and relevant. Using Cascading Style Sheets is one of the best Search Engine Optimization methods to creating a web site, it is candy to Search Spiders.
A Cascading Style Sheet is a method used to give web designers more control over the style of each page — allowing them to customize each paragraph, title, header, or bulleted list. CSS gives you the ability to specify font, size, and color of anything you want without having to repeatedly insert specific lines of code.
A few key points to using CSS to help optimize your website are:
1. Using regular HTML codes to define things like font tags can be very cumbersome. It inserts extra unnecessary code into the source code of your website, making it more difficult for the spider to crawl your site. Search engine spiders won’t just read the content that shows up on your site, they read every single line of code. You don’t want to pollute your source code with excessive HTML.
2. In a nutshell, CSS can do everything HTML can do, only better. Instead of placing the style tags (for fonts, backrounds, colors, etc.) in the actual code, it is placed in an external file. A simple and brief statement is placed in the source code to call to that external file where all your bulky style codes are laid out leaving your page clean and simple.
3. The use of Cascading Style Sheets will also allow preloading of your website into your browser. The basic elements are carried forward through any page you visit. This is optimal for search engine spiders, they want to read through your website as fast as they possibly can. With CSS, you can have all the effects you want without slowing down the search engine spiders you are striving to impress.
4. Give your website a diet plan! Converting your old HTML layouts to CSS can typically cut anywhere from 25 to 50 percent off of page size. They give you the added benefit of simplified, adaptable structure and the separation of code in a presentation.
5. One of the most instantly rewarding benefits of Cascading Style Sheets is that they are a huge time saver. Code it properly once, and never again. Let’s say for example, your site is coded with HTML; the header on each one of your sites pages is written in blue text. One day you decide you want to change the look and feel of your site and you want to change the headers from blue font to a bold black. With an HTML website, you have to go through each page and physically change each header. Depending on the size of your site, that could be very time consuming. with a website written with CSS, you simply open that external file, change the header tag color from blue to black and your job is done That one change will automatically update every header without you having to manually change each one.