Picture this: In 2000, small-time search engine Google launched its paid media platform, Google AdWords, with a humble customer base of 350 advertisers.
Fast forward to its 15th birthday in 2015, advertisers ballooned to over 1 million, spanning various industries from across the world. In 2017, it brought in a whopping $52 billion in annual ad revenues.
So how did Google grow its B2B client base in a relatively short amount of time? By promising a cost-effective ad platform — one that actually delivers. Start-ups and Fortune 500 companies use the platform, leveling the playing field for all kinds of advertisers and generating fast, robust revenues.
The catch is that not every business makes the most of what PPC offers. In this endeavour, a Google AdWords specialist will help maximize your budget and compel more people to convert.
Is Google AdWords for You?
Despite its glittering promise of a positive ROI, AdWords has its weaknesses, and an expert will explore this topic before you invest in an ad campaign.
Here’s how it works: you allocate a monthly budget for a campaign, an ads specialist runs your ads and every time your ad gets clicked, a certain amount — known as the cost-per-click (CPC) — is deducted from your budget until it’s depleted.
When users click on the ad, it directs them to a landing page, which encourages them to call, enquire, download or subscribe.
So AdWords is an appropriate investment if:
- Your goal goes beyond brand awareness; you want your audience to do something concrete, something that generates leads or sales.
- You can allocate a certain budget for ad campaigns.
- You eye instant traffic over slow but sure organic digital presence (if you prefer the latter, consult our SEO experts in Winnipeg).
If you’re unsure about the position of your business on PPC ads, schedule a consultation with our Google AdWords specialists.
Identify Your Goal and Your Audience
Once you’ve decided that a Google AdWords is your best bet for generating conversions, an ads expert will help you define your audience and your goals. These two are the pillars of a successful AdWords campaign.
- Audience – Research what your target market is looking for, what types of sites they visit, what language their favourite haunts use, what pain points would compel them to convert. Audience insight drives keyword research, ad targeting, ad copies and the landing page.
- Goal – Set one specific goal for each campaign — a specialist would not advice combining them. If your goal is to expand your email list, have your users download an e-book, or increase sales of a particular product, this should be the singular direction that the keyword research, ad copy and landing page would follow.
Improving Your AdWords Campaign
If there’s one advice Google AdWords specialists would dispense, it’s to pay close attention to the campaigns’ core elements: targeting, copy and landing page.
Targeting. This is where effective keyword research comes in. Fresh Traffic Group explores the most bankable keywords that your target audience uses, so your ad will be displayed only to people who are fully interested in what you offer. We organize the keywords into logical keyword groups to avoid keyword cannibalization and prevent wasting your budget.
Ad Copy. Even if your ads target the right audience, weak copies won’t be able to tap into their commercial intent. Your ads appear alongside other ads; it’s important to use striking, action-driven copies that compel people to click.
Here are some basic guidelines our specialists swear by:
- The copy should summarize how you can help your audience solve a problem
- The keywords should not look out of place or be inserted awkwardly
- The call to action (CTA) should be clear, concise and aligned with the audience’s intent
Landing Page. If the first two are successful in encouraging users to click on the ad, it’s up to the landing page to convince them to do what you want them to do. In crafting effective landing pages, our Google AdWords experts:
- Highlight your unique selling proposition
- Focus heavily on the benefits that your target audience can get
- Leverage social proof
- Place a clear CTA
Incorporating Conversion Rate Optimization
Another thing that sets us apart is that our team crafts PPC campaigns with conversion rate optimization (CRO) in mind. This is the process of increasing the conversion rate, the percentage of landing page visitors who take the desired action.
- Never relies on hunches – We use data analytics to build the landing pages — which part of the page do users spend most of the time, what devices and browsers they use, which CTA compels most of the people who convert. We then pay close attention to these areas.
- Crafts ad copies and landing pages separately – The text and images that work for ads may not work for landing pages. We create them separately, but we see to it that they are aligned with one another.
- Test Landing Pages – If possible, we conduct tests (like A/B testing) to know which tone, layout and images would encourage more people to convert.
Crafting effective landing pages requires a lot of time and resources; working with a Google AdWords specialist will help you make the most of your investment.
Leave your PPC campaign to Fresh Traffic Team. We’ll take care of everything needed to run your campaign, so you can reap the robust revenues and focus on running your business.
Talk to our specialists today.